Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I dwelt in a tent



Some say that I am crazy others just laugh, but I am happy as I have been in a long time. No I don't have a girl friend... I have Jimmer! Yes what you see is true. I have been waiting in lines for weeks in a tent in cold weather with snow and everything to have a chance to see BYU Basketball and the number one player in the country play Jimmer Fredette.



Every week is a new experience as I await the moment to see the team play. Making signs at two in the morning or playing Jam ball at the hoop we bring up to put next to our tent. It is heaven or as we like to call it "Camp Cougar". This is the area at the very front of the line. Number 1 in front of as many as 100+ tents. We cook, watch TV in our tent, have our heaters and warm sleeping bags. How do we have electricity? Well we will say a magician never reveals his secrets. Basically Camp Cougars is heaven on earth.


Why do we do this other than the obvious reason that we get to see one of the best teams in the country play? Well we have front row seats every game where we get to jam to Kanye West's "Power" as the team is introduced. We have been on every TV station in the country. I have been interviewed live on KSL radio and by 3 other news stations. We make signs for every game that are featured on New York Times, Washington Post, and other news papers. (Trent Boulter is the one by the way that has made all of those appearances in the news paper) We were at the front of a 5,000 plus flashmob by the BYU students. (Check it out on Youtube) Plus it is the best way to have fun! I also got to live my dream of being part of the promotion to do the lay up and three pointer challenge. I conquered it and was one of about 5 people this whole year to successfully do the challenge. The next Jimmer will I become? No, but I felt like him hitting the 3 with out a movement of the net!


So after seeing all of the home games basically from the front of the Marriott Center what is next? The Road!!! Yes I have now traveled to the Mountain West conference Championships in Las Vegas with my dad where we saw the Jimmer drop 52 points against New Mexico. (More points than any NBA and NCAA player this year) But why end there. The following weekend I found my adventures taking me to Denver where I saw the BYU cougars dismantle next years conference companion Gonzaga! (PS lets say I dislike their fans very much) So New Orleans? No can't afford that one, but if Houston comes in to play look for me on National TV in Houston!



I love the Cougars and my family for dealing with my obsession! Go Cougars and Jimmer Fredette!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Omygosh that mob dance was AMAZING! ONLY at BYU does that happen :) How did that all get put together??? And...I could feel your excitement through your writing! Thanks for keeping us posted :)

Jessica said...

Welcome back to the blog world! Only 1 year off! I love it. You are an awesome fan. What fun! That is what college is all about! Go Cougs!